Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My Bizzle

Haven’t been in the studio for a few days. Haven’t seen my brother for longer. The entry way light by the studio’s front door is out. Had to fumble with the key in the dark for a long while. Finally got the stupid door open. The high quality front door we have swells when it gets humid, so I had to lean into it a little (a lot) to get it opened.

So its pitch black, I’ve just bulldozed my way through the door, and I’m trying to get my bearings in the darkened room. I turned to my left and something hit me in the face. At that point I did what every other rational adult male would do: I screamed like a small child flailing my arms around like I’m fighting bees. I hear a couple of crashes and then things settle down. I fumble and stumble to the wall patting it down until I find the light switch.

Turns out it wasn’t deadly demons, scores of the undead, rabid dogs, or man-eating crocodiles that were out to get me in the dark. My brother had been doing some vocal work apparently and had set up the boom stand with the Neumann mic. The Neumann. RRRRight.

I’ll be looking for a second job over the holiday weekend. Hope Chris has an easy payment plan.

No comments: