Monday, August 11, 2008

On Cheering

Did you see the relay (Men's 4 x 100) last night? Tell me you saw it.

I can’t remember the last time my wife and I jumped up and down yelling and screaming like that.

Well, there was that time when at the urging of my wife’s brother, my six year old pulled a joke telling us about his plans to attend KU when he goes to college...

How fun was that? The relay, not KU. Please.


It's not too often that you get into something so much you lose your self-awareness. Both my wife and I ended up out of our chairs, just plain screaming, flailing our arms urging that dude to touch the wall first. Good times.

2 comments:

Allie L. said...

Yes, I saw it! I used to be a competitive swimmer and I remember cheering for my relay mates ... I always thought if I screamed a little louder that would make them go faster. Seemed to work last night for Michael Phelps and his gang. And you know the press is going to love his every-muscle-flexed screaming mad-man pose.

Anonymous said...

BART AND I WOKE THE KIDS UP, WE WERE SCREAMING SO LOUD!!!

Sweet victory. Sweet sweet victory against a certain trash talking, Eiffel Tower owning country.

WOOOOOOOOO

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!