Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I Am My Father

Have you noticed? News wires, ISPs, networks, cable news, all of them.

I lack to the tools to properly track it, but I'd lay a month's wages on gun related stories in the news rising by 50% over the last three months. A rise that "coincidentally" seems to track along with the election of a anti-gun president.

Don't get me wrong, the news was already saturated, but the frequency lately is suspicious.

Yes, I know this reads rather conspiratorial. However, before you dismiss me as another angry, bitter, middle-class white man clinging to the Bible and the gun, just watch and listen.

Don't shake your head and pity me as a crackpot. Not yet anyway. That time will come surely enough. No, just watch and listen.

1 comment:

g said...

is this one of the articles you are referring to ....

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/04/08/the-guns-of-spring/