Thursday, March 26, 2009

Reason #247

If you are in sales, or in some sort of support capacity for a sales person, you are bound to encounter the reason why the profession is reviled by some. It occurs to you that there are legitimate reasons why salespeople are hated at times.

Received a call from one of my customers. He has a lift on order for an elderly couple in New Jersey-the wife needs a lift to help get her into the house. The husband called my customer today to inform him that his wife just entered the hospital and most likely never come out. Happens a lot in this line of work, just the nature of the demographic group we build lifts for. Thinking my customer was calling to cancel the order, I pulled everything up and was already writing instructions.

My customer doesn’t want to cancel the order. No. He wants to me to hurry up and ship it today so he can tell the “Old Fart” that the lift already shipped and it’s too late to cancel the order. He “doesn’t want to lose this one.”

Repugnant and vile.

No comments: