Thursday, March 19, 2009

Empty Nest

Little guy went to great grandma and grandpa’s house yesterday.

It always sounds fun, you know, the idea of having the house to yourself. Watch what you want to watch on TV, putter around the house, play guitar, anything.

Not so much really.

After about an hour, my wife and I were looking at each other asking “what do we do now?”

Seriously, what in the blue blazes did we do prior to children for the love of Mike?

Heard at our house last night……
Maybe we could
No
Ahh, wait. I was going to ask if
No
Stop it. Do you want
No
(Me jumping up and down like an angry six year old) Stop it. Let me finish.
OK
(Speaking fast so she can’t interrupt me) doyouwannagotodinner!!!
Ooohhhh, Dinner….No.
How about
No
Wait. Quit that. What if we
No
(Me jumping up and down like an angry six year old) Stop it. Let me finish.
OK
(Speaking fast so she can’t interrupt me) Maybewecouldwatchamovie!!!
Ooohhhhhh, a movie….No.
Well, I guess we
No
Now dang it, stop that. Do you want
No
Woman! We could
No
(Me jumping up and down and pounding my chest like a gorilla on crack all breathless)

For the love…..Dinner..and then…movie…and then with the No over and over..and..I wasn't trying...I don't want to...walk lady. I wanted to go on a walk.
Ooohhhhh, a walk…No.
AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

No comments: