Monday, November 10, 2008

Well Excuse Me

Little guy woke up early this morning around 1:00 am. Came in to tell me he had a bad dream.

Not yet awake, and groggy, I kissed him on the head, told him to not to worry about it, you’re fine, happens sometimes, yada, yada, yada. My final piece of advice was to get back in bed, cover up, and close his eyes. We’d talk about it in the morning. He trudged back to his room mumbling under his breath.

About two minutes later, just long enough for me to snuggle back down, I heard his footsteps in the hall. He came in to the room, got within two inches from my face, gave me the stink eye, and said very plainly, “That’s not a very good answer dad”. He did an immediate about face and left just as quickly as he came in.


Tonight, about 1:00, I’m going to his room and wake him up. I think I’ll ask him about re-allocating my 401(k) in light of the recent market woes. Maybe ask his opinion about a possible slant towards more income oriented funds.

Let’s see how he likes that…

No comments: