Friday, November 28, 2008

Oh Yeah, Another Thing

Ms. Parker’s story reminded me about something I wanted to post.

Usually I’m leery of songs that are supposed to tug on your heat strings. Often they end up just being overly sentimental cheese fests. But…

Brad Paisley’s Waitin’ On a Woman” is pretty darn good. Great hook, nice internal rhymes in the lyric, singable melody, and a great bridge.

I’ve read somewhere statistics show

The man’s always the first to go
And that makes sense ’cause I know she won’t be ready
(Waitin’ On a Woman-Don Sampson, Wynn Varble)

Come on…how good is that?

Then they go and put Andy Griffith in the video. I know. I know. You can see it coming. But I’ll tell you this: it works, at least on me anyway. By the end of the video I’m all types of gooey. Good stuff.

Which leads me to the old joke: Know why its always the husband who dies first? Cause he wants to…He-he.

No comments: