Friday, November 14, 2008

Good Vibrations...Me Thinks Not

I was in the mood to have a good scare last night after I got the family in bed. M. Knight Shamalamadingdong’s “The Happening” was on. So, what the heck.

He likes to be called Mr. Wahlberg, but his acting was so bad in this one that Mark is now, and forever shall be, Marky Mark as far as I’m concerned. I mean honestly bad, first day on the set, so unbelievable that I’m amazed it survived dailies, ugly bad.

People have become a threat to nature. Nature, plants, trees, bushes, and grass begin to release chemicals into the air that make humans go crazy and kill themselves. Not only was it badly acted, it was a badly acted, thinly veiled political statement.

Know me now. I'm no high brow snoot. I’ve sat through most of Shamalamadingdong’s work; Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs, The Village, and enjoyed them all. Sometimes frightened to the point of literally squealing like a little girl. No so much with this one.

It stunk people. Dear Gracious.

No comments: