Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Decision '08


Had some decisions to make this morning at 6:00. Important ones. Stood there flanked on the left and right by others in the throes of exercising their rights, with long lines of eagerly awaiting citizens behind me. Shoulder to shoulder, we intrepid early birds, took upon us the heavy mantle of the idealistic concept of choice, our right to vote.

Studying all the positions, listening to all the rhetoric, cutting through the bull, looking past what the media tells me is right and wrong, digging deep down into my very being looking for direction, and knowing that the decisions I make today carry far reaching implications, I cast my ballot. I made my choice.

I chose the vanilla latte and the blueberry scone with the cinnamon-sugar crumbly things on top...Starbucks rocks!

No comments: