Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I Don't, errr...I mean I do. I Do!

Somewhere today in the desert like wastelands of Western Oklahoma, there’s a lay minister performing a marriage ceremony. I think.

A lady here at the office was planning to marry at a Vegas-like drive thru chapel on the way back home from a week long vacation. His kids, her kids, a rental car, six days on the road, small motels, and all that good ole family time culminating in an exchange of vows.

Personally, I think they’re crazy, and not because they are getting married.

What are odds that after that many days on the road and in such close quarters they’re still on speaking terms, let alone in a hurry to tie the knot?

Yes, we’re going to get married, but only after we work together on installing a garage door opener. Absolutely, let’s get married, but first can we spend three days together at your mother’s house? I won’t even think about marrying you unless all your friends move in with us for at least a month.

Marriage is a marathon, not a sprint. No sense starting the run two miles behind the start line wearing concrete shoes…..

No comments: