Friday, February 27, 2009

I'm Sorry

Little guy’s been having some trouble staying asleep. He assumes when he wakes up, we should all be up. Parenting moments. Good times.

This morning he came into the bedroom before the alarm went off. I shoo’ed him away, telling him to go back to bed quietly until we wake up. Not long after, he came back. When I “instructed” him what to do this time, he started to object. I cut him off and “may” have used a “tone” that was a little harsher than normal. Enough so that when he went back to his room I could hear crying.

Now fully awake I took a look at the alarm clock. Power went out yesterday and the spousal unit did not re-set the time properly. Turns out the little guy wasn’t coming in to bother us, but to save us. The alarm never would have gone off.

I am a bad dad…I will pay for this someday. Hopefully, not in my sleep at the end of baseball bat.

No comments: