Saturday, June 6, 2009

Call the Realtor

That's it.  We're moving.  Period.  

Late yesterday, the local police and two deputies from the Sheriff's department made a sudden and, I'm guessing, unannounced visit to the house behind us.  They tramped around the yard, walked in and out of the house a few times, and then vaporized, leaving most of us wondering what exactly that was all about.

Today, at 10:00 am mind you, a "lady" comes stumbling up the alley beside our home.  She was toast.   Not sure if it was left over from Friday or a new one she tied on with her cereal.  She could barely walk.  She was trying to keep up with a "gentlemen" in what I'll call vintage vagabond couture trying his best to walk away from something as fast as he could.  I lose site of the happy couple, but in a few minutes she comes stumbling back down the alley sans the bag man.  A police car shows up just happens to pull up then.  He rolls down his window and all I have to do is point. The officer doesn't have to go far.  She was leaning on a shrub, gentle readers, as he rolled down the alley in his cruiser.

I live in a respectable part of town, but the street behind us is getting rough.  

This includes my neighbor I share a fence with.  I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume the smell emanating from his place on a regular basis is burning rope.  Like a lot of people, he makes rope as a hobby.  Then routinely burns it...at night...when "dudes" come by his place.  Totally legit I'm sure.  Nothing to worry about.    

We're moving   

2 comments:

g said...

it's sight, not site

clorisa said...

We have rope burners over here too. There's just no escape...