Friday, October 17, 2008

WAJ Day Two

The Friday night concert was great as always.

When I hear a great song, two things happen:  
#1) I think holy crap, I could never have made that happen like that
#2) Without fail, it makes me want to pick up a pen and write

Don Poythress' "Joseph" was nails tonight.  There's money lines threaded throughout that thing.  You know its good when all the writers near you let out an audible sigh when the song is over.  The guy's delivery is amazing as well.  Yes, I do hate him.  Hate.  Indeed.

Phil Mehrens shared a great one, as did Gina Boe.  Kevin, oops, I mean Benton Stokes was great as always.  I've noticed that he brings something to a live performance that is usually reserved for studio magic.  Very cool.

Good times people.  Good times.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I noticed my name was missing from that list. What's up with that?

Bill Filer said...

Dennis-

Man...you're number one in my book. You know that. Anyone that could put up with Chris for that long...aces!