Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cracked and Broke


I have a leaky A-Coil. Shouldn’t I be much older before I have to start worrying about that kind of thing…Wait, that’s not my A-Coil.

The leaky A-Coil dripped water into the furnace and burned out a circuit board. Furnace not-worky so good with out the aforementioned board. Thank goodness it was still under warranty. Didn’t cost anything. This time.

Between a couple of new water heaters (don’t ask), a new sump pump, and a new furnace, my cellar looks like a plumbing and HVAC showroom. I’ve pumped enough money into that sinkhole over the last 18 months to literally make me cry.

Now to my A-Coil. Apparently you have to have a good working A-Coil or your air conditioner is basically useless. A leaky A-Coil also means bad things for your furnace. To top it off, the compressor fan on the air conditioning unit is so bad off that it makes babies cry and dogs howl for about a three block radius every time it comes on.

So this summer I get to buy a new air conditioner. And the Pointer Sisters say “I’m so excited.” Amen ladies. Late this summer I’ll be giving tours of my ultra-modern new appliances. $15 for the hour long tour with commentary by the newly minted millionaire local heating and cooling guy. $25 gets you the tour, commentary, and pictures of what should have been my son’s college education.

No comments: