Thursday, December 25, 2008

Best Of 2008

From the best of 2008 files...

Well folks, it happened. In a fit of shaking, belching, rattling, and vibrating the old girl finally gave out. I sent my wife and young one away, couldn’t bear to have them watch. Sadly, at 11:10 pm last night, I had to put her down. She’d been with us for almost 15 years, a wedding present. Never complained, always faithful, and reliable right to the end, she was, indeed, a valued member of our family.

Yes, gentle readers, the washer is dead.

She’s bad sick and I have no elixir
Shop soon you must for I cannot fix her
Repair man, no, we all shouted in shock
Who’ll clean our pants, shirts, underwear and socks
Come to my store see Maytags and Whirlpools
That’s when my dear, sweet wife started to drool
Her resolve began quickly eroding
Amid talk of new units front loading
You Judas, traitor, how quickly you forget
It’s not time to close the lid on the old girl yet
Honey, this is the way it has to be
She’s been with us since nineteen ninety three
Repairman had brochures, glossy and slick
This ultra deluxe one should do the trick
Efficient, sleek and not very pricey
It will fit into your home quite nicely
With much glee he took my wife by the arm
Intent on doing my credit card harm
Alas, dear friend, it is the end I see
Of faithful service to our family
May you dream in bold colors while you sleep
Rusting with your friends in the garbage heap
Forget you I shant as they close the deal
On too big a one clad in stainless steel
Goodbye to your buttons and clunky dial
Dealing with your loss will take me a while
Sad, but this is the spin cycle of life
I’m off now, to argue with my wife………

No comments: