Thursday, January 29, 2009

On the Sligh

OK, so how many of you like Rascal Flatts?  No, not live.  The studio stuff, that's what I'm referring to.  Yes, I thought so.  I see about 18.5 million hands in the air.

Just heard the upcoming single "Here Comes Goodbye".  I'm no expert, but I'm guessing it'll do just fine on the charts.  Seriously, I'm such a wanna-be snot, as I listened through it my first thought was I think I've heard the music before, sort of.  Then I got over my uncut, unpublished self and listened again.  Then again. It's really pretty darn good. 

I dig it when a melody pays off great in the verse and you're thinking no way they top it in the chorus. Then, just to prove there's a reason why I'm unpublished and uncut, the go right on and kick it's fat fanny. Great way to treat a hook too. Jealousy abounds gentle readers.  

Chris Sligh is one of the co-writers.  His story behind the song can be found here:

http://frommymindtoyoureyes.blogspot.com/2009/01/story-behind-music-here-comes-goodbye.html. (Copy and paste link into your browser.  For some reason HTML and I are not getting along tonight.)

Funny and encouraging to learn that their process and ours isn't all that different-less some notable exceptions: writing a probable number one hit, having a publisher, getting Jo Don to listen to something, having Dan Huff like it, etc.

Other than that it's almost identical. Really.  Shut up all of you.



No comments: