Tuesday, September 16, 2008

To Blog Again...

Hello Gentle readers. Remember me? It's been too long. I'm alive and well thank you very much. Just haven't been blogging the past couple of weeks. All sorts of reasons, none of them particularly interesting, or valid for that matter.

You know, not blogging, not venting the smart-ass valve, isn't exactly beneficial to my health. I don't feel right. Not surprising, I guess, that by seeking out stupid and happy, you end up feeling stupid and happy. Makes sense right.

I've missed both political conventions, "Lipstick on a Pig", Lindsey Lohan issues, OJ back in court, I've been to Florida, Texas, and DC recently, passed on FEMA stories, bank collapses, and Wall Street scandals. On top of that, I'm still trying to write songs. Stupid abounds people. I just need to avail myself of it.

Miraculously, I've avoided calling anyone by the wrong name, driving into anything, calling friends from Georgia claiming they are on KLOVE, stepping on myself, or insisting that Sue S. definitely wants to co-write for at least a couple of weeks now. Usually I am an endless fount of inspiration when it comes to stupid.

I'm sure I'll hit my stride again soon. As my wife will certainly attest, you can't keep me from stupid for long. If there is any consolation, the song writing machine has been in full gear lately. I hate to mess with the balance of things, but stupid is as stupid does...right Forrest?

2 comments:

g said...

so glad that you are back ... vent away.

Anonymous said...

I hope you will engage in more stupid stuff. My wife Ruth and I love reading you. I'm a song writer wanna be. I work with Sue Christensen and Lisa Qualsett writing for our church in Columbus NE. Hope all goes well for you in the song writing dept. How many days are you down to now? Lord bless!

Travis Purkerson