Wednesday, July 22, 2009

UN & Noodles

Toronto is probably the most diverse city I have ever visited.  Today at the office I had a little pow-wow with a Chinese, Indian, Pakistani, a French speaker from Montreal, and a Vietnamese. It was awesome.  I felt like Colin Powell heading up a UN security council meeting. Not sure I understood any of it, but it was a good time.  

Speaking of Vietnamese...went to a Vietnamese noodle shop today. The proprietor had a very, very poor grasp of English, or was a cheeky little genius. Not sure. You walk in and they greet you by saying "welcome to Pho King Noodle", the name of the restaurant. In your spare time, look up how "Pho" is pronounced in Vietnamese. Still laughing. 

Tears, gentle readers, streaming down my face.  He must have said it like 10 times when we were there.    

Rest assured, I had a big, heaping bowl of Pho King noodles.  You bet you Pho King UN Summit I did!

Sorry mom.  Tears...

1 comment:

Clorisa said...

I pronounced it each way I could think of PO and PHO and was laughing with each one, for different reasons. Thanks for sharing!!