Friday, October 9, 2009

Done

There it was. On my credenza. Twenty three pages worth. I stared at it for a long time tonight.

Funny. The story came to me in a flash, laid out easy. I could see it clearly.

Writing it, however, not so easy. I have notes from as far back as November 2008.

No, it's not the Magna Carta, nor is it bound to make women weep and men change religions.
Yet, I treated it as such.

Nervously, I handed the thing to my wife tonight, making her put down the book she was already reading, actually enjoying.

Twenty three pages, almost a year in the making, pouring over each edit like my life depended on it, and I got a polite "Eeh, it was...OK." when she finished.

I know there's a reason I write. I just wish I knew what the heck it was.

1 comment:

Q said...

Keep writing my friend. Push through. Find a way to be grateful for the people who love you enough to be honest. It will make you better. At least that's what I tell myself when Bart has a lukewarm reaction over my attempt at bleeding on the page. :)